I present to you, Two-Headed Calf by Laura Gilpin! I really like this poem, it's really strange and bizarre upon the first read but when you read it more than once you'll begin to understand it more. It's almost like the more you read it the more you'll discover. It's also very short, so reading it multiple times hardly takes any time at all. Here is a really great analysis of this poem if you're interested: https://www.artdiscourse.net/two-headed-calf/ ✰✰✰
A couple of weeks ago I wrote about different journals that I have used and enjoyed. Today I want to talk about bullet journaling. Bullet journaling has gotten quite big over the years and almost everyone knows something about bullet journaling these days. One of my favorite parts about bullet journaling is how personable it can be. You can make it as complicated or as simple as you like. If you look up bullet journaling you will get lots of videos of extremely artistic journals. I think that is wonderful because that is what those people like, however, if art is not your thing or even mixing art with your planning is not your thing then there are so many other ways to do it. I have gone through lots of trial and error with my bullet journaling to find what I enjoy seeing when I open my journal. Three words I would use to describe my journal are: simple, pretty, and usable. If you were to look at how bullet journaling began you...
Today is my 43rd post! I know that I should be saying that when it's the 40th or 50th and the 43rd seems like an odd number (Ha! get it?). Having said that, I still think it's pretty cool that I have made it to 43. Have you ever read a book that is on a banned book list? If you like to read, or have gone through high school, you probably have. A lot of the books on the list are, from what I know, popular books to read in high school and almost all of them are historical fiction. If you don't know what a banned book or book censorship is, it's when there is a record that a school has banned the book, or tried to remove it, from the school because it has suggestive content in it. I looked through this list, http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/classics , and the books that I have read from that were banned are: The Great Gatsby, The Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, The Lord of the Rings, and A Separate...
Comments
Post a Comment