My Art from the Past Couple of Months

Today I wanted to share a bit of the art I have worked on this year.  This is not all of the art I have finished but here are some of my favorite pieces.  

If you have seen my post about oil painting and acrylic paints then you have already seen this one.  This piece is my first large oil painting, I started it early this year in an art class.  I was only able to work on it once a week during class for a while which is why it took me so long.  I loved painting these clouds and learning the way of the clouds along with the way of the oil paints.  

                                  

I decided to start with all three oil paintings that I want to show.  This painting is much smaller and it is the second portrait that I have painted with oils.  The first really was just a test, an experiment to me, so I have not included it on the list.  This painting was so much fun, I loved working on a darker skin tone and the hair as well.  I have decided to call this painting "Curly".  


Now for the final oil painting, titled "Wind".  I believe it is a wonderful thing to paint a nice portrait but what is truly difficult is painting emotion.  A face without a defined emotion is beautiful but it is forgettable; done right, a painting that conveys a feeling and reminds the viewer of a time in their lives through something they have never seen before, is what is truly amazing and unforgettable.  Now I know the painting below isn't perfect, and it's not one of my best paintings but it is the first painting I have tried something different and taken some risks, through the black and white and also the emotion.  


This is a piece I sketched about a month ago.  I have been practicing sketching faces a lot along with painting them, the sketch always comes first. 


I love painting clouds so very much,. I painted both of these earlier this year.  The first one I painted on the 4th of July (I wrote the wrong date on the art).  I didn't use a reference, I painted the clouds in the sky, the clouds kept changing, as they do and I forgot to take a photo so the painting ended up being a mix of the clouds that day.  The second, I painted earlier into quarantine and it was a lot of fun to play around with colors as well as painting the black buildings.  I used acrylics for both of these paintings.  



Earlier this year I started experimenting with painting on black paper.  It's different and took about one try to get used to but I have really enjoyed it.  Here are three acrylic paintings on black paper.  

Please tell me what you think in the comment section below!  Any topics or concepts that are interesting you right now? I would love to write about it.  Thank you for reading!  


✩✩✩

Comments

  1. Not sure how you did that top cloud picture, but I like that one the best Your portraits are amazing even though that people are the hardest to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is a trick to painting clouds :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23