A Couple of Poems

Last week I wrote two poems so I decided I will share them with you today along with a couple of my favorite autumn themed poems! 

Out of it we Make 

We are all a part,

A part of this corrupted world

Filled with solitude and pain.  

Yet, we are able to improve it, yes, with art

And books, and beauty. My finger is curled,

Tight, around what is left, as I examine the stain,

The stain left by war and blood and I start to dart,

I dart away then realize, yes, we may be hurled

Into this ugly world with nothing worthy to gain 

Yet still, out of it, we make art. 


We, humans, create it

Without even realizing, we create 

We can not quit

We understand our fate

We won't still, won't sit

Not until every color is laid, every syllable straight

-a.f.m-

(I don't have a title for this one yet, comment your suggestions below!)

I can imagine how, 

The world shivers and quakes

From the billions of people set upon it now 

But not, exactly, from their weight.  


The world seems to quake from

The ideas and questions asked,

From unsolved mysteries by authors already done

And all the death and pain and whys from the past.  


The world seems drowned

By all the when, how, and whys.

There is no gap, no break, every day is filled with so much sound

The search for answers consumes until they die                                                                                                            


Now I must ask

Why? 

Maybe the answers are hidden behind their own masks.  

-a.f.m-


Here are some of my favorite fall-themed quotes and poems!


"I notice that Autumn is more of

the season of the soul than of nature."

-Friedrich Nietzsche-








































"Life starts all over again
when it gets crisp in the fall." 

-f. Scott Fitzgerald-


Thank you for reading! 

What are some of your favorite autumn poems?  Send me the title and I will check it out.  What do you normally call the third season of the year: Fall, or Autumn
✰✰✰

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23