Books I am Hoping to Read This Fall

 Another Monday another post!  The seasons have changed and one of the best ways to get excited and ready for fall is to read books and listen to music and eat foods that remind you of the season in the best ways.  

Rather than my favorite books about fall, I am going to be sharing the list of books that I want to read in the next month or two.  Most likely not all of these books will remind me of fall but for the most part these books are either spooky and mysterious or comforting and warm or just books I am wanting to read next.  

No. 1: The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyal

I am already in the middle of this book and I am liking it so far.  If you are not familiar with it, this is a Sherlock Holmes story.  I believe that this book could fall under the genre of detective fiction, crime fiction, mystery, or even thriller and I think anything dark and spooky is a good book for October.  

"Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson investigate the legend of a supernatural hound, a beast that may be stalking a young heir on the fog-shrouded moorland that makes up his estate. On his uncle's death Sir Henry Baskerville returns from abroad and opens up the ancestral hall on the desolate moors of Devonshire."

No. 2: The Grave Yard Book by Neil Gaiman

I have had this book on my list for a while and I just think it sounds like the perfect book to read in October.  
"Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a perfectly normal boy. Well, he would be perfectly normal if he didn't live in a graveyard, being raised and educated by ghosts, with a solitary guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor the world of the dead."

No. 3: The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman 

I actually just recently heard of this book when I was watching a video of someone else's favorite books to read in fall and this was one of the books they mentioned.  I really don't know very much about this book but it really does sound interesting.  

"The Dark Hills Divide introduces readers to Alexa Daley, who annually visits the town of Bridewell. Alexa is curious about what lies beyond the massive ramparts that surround the city and the walled roads that link Bridewell to nearby towns; soon after town leader Thomas Warvold passes away, Alexa finds herself outside the walls, acquires a stone with remarkable powers, and discovers that she's meant to stop a potential war from occurring."

No. 4: Frankenstein by Mary Shelly 

I wanted to read something like Frankenstein or Dracula and this is the one my mom suggested.  I am not positive if I will get around to this one in autumn but still, it's on the list.

"Mary Shelley's seminal novel of the scientist whose creation becomes a monster"

No.  5: Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie 

I have had this book for a couple of months now and I think, mostly, mystery books are creepy and spooky and you know that is what we're all about this time of the year!  

"‘Anyone who murdered Colonel Protheroe,’ declared the parson, brandishing a carving knife above a joint of roast beef, ‘would be doing the world at large a favour!’ It was a careless remark for a man of the cloth. And one which was to come back and haunt the clergyman just a few hours later – when the colonel was found shot dead in the clergyman’s study. But as Miss Marple soon discovers, the whole village seems to have had a motive to kill Colonel Protheroe."

That's it!  Those are all the (hopefully) spooky books or anything else that is perfect for this time of year!  I do have lots of other books I am planning on reading soon (Till We Have Faces, Fish in a Tree, and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe to name a few) but I am not going to talk much about those.  

Thank you for reading! 

I must ask, what books do you love to read this time of year- books that are spooky or warm and homely or anything else that reminds you of Autumn?  Have you read any of the books I put on my list? Comment below!  

☆☆☆


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23