My Thoughts on New Years Resolutions and Goodbye 2020

 Do you make new years resolutions for yourself?  I think it is a fun thing to do at the beginning of a new year, but most of the time they don't last long.  There are many reasons why they are hard to stick to but one of them is high expectations.  Now hear me out.  If you want to work out more, or eat less sugar etc. that is a lot to expect of yourself.  Don't expect too much of yourself, in turn you will achieve much more if you expect less and achieve more than if you expect more and achieve less.  

We are creatures of habit, you have probably heard that before.  We like our routines and it never seems to work out if we suddenly change it.  Little steps, you have also probably heard this before, are best to start with if you want to make a big change.  

I think the first step to sticking with a goal is having a good motivation, something that you can remind yourself of when you don't feel like doing it to keep you going.  Instead of working out to lose weight, maybe your motivation to workout is that it makes you feel good and happier.  I know, that's an awful and over used example but I truly think that if you have a good motivation then it will help push you further to your goal.  

But above anything else, make sure to give yourself a break.  2020 was a rough year.  Give yourself simple and achievable goals and don't make it too hard for yourself.  

I hope you are able to look beyond what happened this year and find little bits that you loved and that still made this year a good one.  This was the year I started this blog.  If you have been reading since the beginning then I am thankful.  I know my blog is not big or well known but right now, I am okay with that.  I like writing and sharing it with anyone who will read it, especially my short stories.  

Thank you for reading! 

Good bye 2020, hello 2021! 

    ✰✰✰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23