A Poem About Clouds by Me, abby m.

 A Poem About Clouds 

Today, I point out, the clouds
Are wispy and quick across the sky.
I know it's been said before,
And that many think the same,
But I adore clouds.
The way they are never the same
At times,
Hardly touching the corners of the sky
At others,
Taking it over completely.
This is a mostly pointless poem about
The sky — but also
I often wish I could pull myself up,
On one of those days when the clouds cover the sky,
And walk around up there for a little bit,
In a completely new world
Just for a little bit.
My life seems to be changing fast,
And flitting across the sky like the
Clouds today.
I have decisions to make and things to do
And I'm not sure why it's so difficult to get myself to do them, but it is,
And instead I write this poem.
I want the clouds to be still
And slow.
Maybe tomorrow,
Maybe then it'll be easier to handle.
Or a tomorrow soon after that.
It has to be.

abby m.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23