Do Not Be Ashamed - journal entry no. 5

For a long time my outlook on saying 'I love you' has been, save it. In other words don't overuse it or it will mean less when you say it to someone you really love vs. when you say it to someone because you really love the thing they just said or did. You're welcome for that run on sentence. I think my viewpoint has changed. For one, the phrase is just that, a phrase, it wasn't created in this world with an economic value that goes up or down depending on how much it is or isn't used. It doesn't work like that. I also believe telling someone you love them because you truly do love them, you love how they have existed and showed up in your life, is very distinct from the I love you to someone who did or said something awesome. Of course the two can overlap as well. Finally I think that we are at a place in the world where sharing and spreading love (didn't plan to get this clichรฉ *eye roll*) is important. Don't be ashamed of telling someone that you love them in any way because it is a good things to do. Sometimes I think people get ashamed to say nice things, maybe ashamed is the wrong word I don't know my head hurts right now, but I don't think they should. It's one of those thoughts that pop into your head that you should say. It's important to be kind.

 I have had these thoughts bouncing in my head for quite sometime so I thought it would be good to write them down. Because of feeling inspired at 11am on a Tuesday, here is an actual post. My art history text book can wait for just a second. 

I am going to France in May, right after school ends (very soon!). Pretty much everyone knows that, if your someone I love you know that hehe. And we have been learning about how the French culture is different from ours. Typically the French people take a long time to let someone in and truly consider them a true friend but once they do it takes a long time for them to not consider them their friends. My French teacher was telling us this to get us to beat the 'oh those Americans' stereotype in France. She was telling us we shouldn't be loud especially on the metro, that we should eat with our hands on the table, and to not forget our host families when we get back. The host families are her hometown friends in France and she has heard them say that they miss hearing from the different students that have stayed with them. For me, getting to message a French person long after we get home is beyond exciting to me. Getting to know (to love should I say..) someone from a culture and place so different from mine is.. I can't think of the word.. is wonderful.

Those are all my thoughts for today. Peace out and have a great day to all the butterflies and the bees!



๐ŸŽ”๐ŸŽ”๐ŸŽ”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23