A Writer

The Definition of a Writer

A writer is someone who writes. If someone came up to me and spat that sentence in my

face I wouldn’t necessarily disagree. I just believe I have a greater definition.

A writer is someone whose mind is flooded and overflowed with words. They are

constantly coming up with phrases and words. They mentally switch out previous words for more

powerful ones in the everlasting inner stories. A writer is someone who wakes up every

morning and begins creating poems as they drink their daily cup of coffee or tea and

watch the sunrise in all its splendor. A writer is someone who comes up with a poem

or story before they fall asleep or when they wake up at two am and have to write it  down

with the faint glow of their alarm clock or any other light source in arms length.

A writer often can’t sleep for the countless and endless words. Don’t worry, a writer

is never bored, they always have a book or developing story to keep them company.

Its such a wonderful feeling when someone who loves to write leaps into this stage.

If you love to write and crave this feeling I just described, all I can say is, write and wait.




That was just something I wrote a couple nights ago at 1am and re-worked later. I also think that to 

be a writer you have to be just as willing, excited and ready to rework or edit your work as much as 

you are excited to start something new.

✰ ✰ ✰

Comments

  1. Subscribed.

    Quick question: Do you center the text intentionally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is centered but the formating get a little fickle at times.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23