Enjoy the Little Things


Enjoy the Little Things


A phrase blurted, uttered, whispered, and declared from so many people but how many

people truly 

take notice of the simple yet beautiful happenings day to day? Did you notice your daily

cup of coffee tasted especially good yesterday? Or your piano, violin, or guitar song is

taking great leaps in improvement?  Did you notice how happy you are that a song you

have been working hard on is moving forward on the scale from good to great.  I believe

there are so many joys that come with life.  And a big one has to be the happenings

people call little.  Amazing, spectacular, adventurous things are not going to happen every 

day so noticing things in life that, to the naked eye, may not fall under a column

 with those adjectives might make life a whole lot better during the routine day to day. 

A little while ago I noticed the sky decided to paint. 

If you ride home with your nose pointed down you you might miss when the sky decides

to paint.


I like to think the sky has a multitude of hobbies and today it decided to paint.


"When this adventure ends your next one will begin." -Blind Man in Amsterdam by George Ezra

I just put this one together, one of my friends took this picture and I love it with this song lyric by 

George Ezra.  If you haven't 

heard this song you should go give it a listen.  You should also listen to any of George Ezra's songs

they are all so wonderful.  



I really enjoy writing little poems and putting them on photographs like the ones you just saw.  And 

yes, I wrote the first poem and took that picture.  I have made quite a few of those photos with

quotes or 

poems.  Not all of them are my own writing but most of them have been my own photographs.

I think enjoying the little things is a small something everyone needs a reminder to do of every once

in a while.


✰ ✰ ✰

Comments

  1. I completely agree! We won't always have those big earth shattering moments to notice and be thankful for. Our joy will come in seeing the ant carrying its food across the concrete to its friends or in doing the dishes because we know it means plenty of food on the table.

    And I love the photos and poems!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Poems By Mary Oliver

Thoughts while running, 6/1/23